Tuesday 6 July 2010

The Den of the Mad Monkey

Hello and kudos to anyone who has been brave enough to wander into the den of this mad monkey. I'm sure if you'll pry your ears open and keep listening intently, you can hear that crazed typing emanating from somewhere within this dark lair. There is but the faintest glow of light and the scent of Fanta wafts on the air.

Yes, that is me! Monkey With Fanta (or just Monkey, affectionately). Indeed, I am another candidate who has chosen to dive into that whirlpool of novelists all doing their best to claw their way to the pedestal of the published. I have never kept a blog before, but I thought it was high time to at the very least take a swing at it, the purpose for it being mostly monosyllabic: I want to make spiffy notes along the road as I try for that pedestal myself.

Monkey is hardly versed enough in sciences and such to educate people. But Monkey likes to make people laugh :) It's great if someone should find it fun to follow along. I hope I can give others a few giggles with my musings. With luck I might even inspire someone or pass on a tip or two.
In part it will be fun to leave notes elsewhere than just the ancient school books which get lost in the numerous house-moves anyway, to see later on where one started off.

So here I state the challenge I'm embarking on: to become published.

Details----
Time allotted: Difficult to pick because I don't have any idea how long it might take to find an agent. So I'll draw "two years" out of the hat and let's go with that for now.
Primary Genre of Choice: Fantasy
Agent? Preferably since I'm relatively new to the publishing half of the writing business.
Target: To finish 3 manuscripts to final draft and then start querying agents.
Plan: Type like a mad monkey?

Here I go! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment