Tuesday 15 November 2011

Blue Is For Boys by Jack Thompson

Review time!

I do this so seldom that I thought it was high time for a book review. :-3 I had to do a double post today because I know if I leave it until tomorrow I'm just not going to get this post done at all. Or it'll get shoved back until Christmas. T__T *sniff*
Okay, so now onto the review!

Sure it was a weekend of fun and excess, even if he might not remember anything of that 72 hours of fun and excess, but for Ravi it's quite sure that if it were anything important it would come back to him in due time. And why should he have a reason for concern? Until of course he realises his amnesia has brought along with it a new and strange tattoo and turned his pee bright blue. That perhaps isn't as normal.
But Ravi's nightmare has only begun and we will be sharing in the horrors and humours of the repercussions in store for him. And as we will find, this is one weekend that will change his life forever.

The Monkey Speaks!
This is a short story which I thoroughly enjoyed because of the great prose and the hilarious jokes. It's fresh and witty. Moreover the story also takes a new outlook on modern society as a sort of side product. But it never interrupts the flow of the story and this is one story easy to get hooked onto. If there were any negatives to point out, I'd have to say it's a shame it's so short. I could gladly read 15,000 more words about Ravi. Although I really liked the ending, which was good and left me satisfied about the story (not one of those that make the whole book sound like it was cut off in the middle of the sentence. Did I drop some pages on the way home from the store?)

I give this story 5 stars out of 5!
Highly recommended!

If you'd like to buy the story, there is a link on Jack Thompson's webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment