Tuesday 26 April 2011

Double Your Time

Don't you just hate it when you've got a bunch of unfinished projects lying around and you 'just don't seem to find time for them'? Or what might be more correct on the part of myself and others who are like myself, 'I could find the time for them but I'm too lazy 70% of the time."
Yes, unfinished 'business' is the curse that follows me around in the form of paper piles almost tipping out of my top basket and knick-knacks littered about my floor. And yet it seems when I manage to finish one or two, the pile of old stuff I've been neglecting suddenly begins doing jumping jacks, demanding immediate attention.

I think you'll agree that writing a novel is one project which isn't exactly an overnight thing (or maybe it is, and if so, I envy your typing speed T_T). So among the chores and the resting up and the preparing of stuff for your next day at work, how do you manage to make a book happen?

I randomly realised that should I bring and pen and a pad with me to work I could write a ton load on the bus and during breaks. Okay, granted now that I'm getting a lift to work that system doesn't exactly work (since the trip lasts 10 minutes now), and yes if you are the one behind the wheel I would recommend not jotting while your driving down the M1. But if you commute on public transport, it's a great chance to do a bit of writing. :)

In my desperate attempt to finish E.F. before the end of May and to finally be able to send excerpts to all those people who are waiting (yes, I've actually got a list) I'm going to be ditching the reading book and bringing my edits to work. This is definitely going to be an interesting week. Some points of editing are far better done just on the electronic copy of the file (1st draft for example. It's riddled with mistakes, why waste the paper?) Others can only be done on the computer. But I can't bring my laptop to work, so I'll be reading like a maniac while I'm at home. *Sigh* All I'm worried about is my never-ending war with getting stuck on the internet. *Must stay focused!*

On another note I wanted to thank everyone for visiting the blog and for reading the first Simian City News broadcast. :-) I'm surprised at how popular it's been. The good news is I probably won't need to prod the monkeys for more Simian News...instead I'll probably just need to turn my back for a few minutes. -__- Those monkeys are always making mayhem.
I will probably post the new Electrostatic Fantasy excerpt by the weekend.

Oh! And I've added a new poll to the site. Thanks a bunch to everyone who voted on the previous one. ^_^

Now I must be off.
And I just realised with a shudder...JulNoWriMo is approaching! O_o

No comments:

Post a Comment